Sexuality is one of the most enjoyable parts of our lives and an integral part of most intimate relationships. As we age, hormonal changes and imbalances can take a toll on our health and our sex lives, which is why it’s so important to take charge of our own health and wellbeing.
Aging does not have to mean simply accepting a decline or loss of libido. There are many metabolic reasons that we gradually lose desire, or the ability to perform. Hormones are the body’s chemical messengers, and they play an essential role in every metabolic process, especially in relation to men’s sexual health.
Unlike menopause in women, which is a cessation of reproductive ability as certain hormone levels decline and the ovaries shut down, men generally do not lose their ability to produce sperm or father children simply because they are past a certain age. However, some men may begin to experience erectile dysfunction, lower libido or lose their sex drive altogether.
These symptoms are characteristic of what is now being recognized as the male equivalent to menopause. Decreasing androgen levels drives “Andropause”, and these symptoms and others may be relieved through bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
If you have concerns about your sexual health, and are ready to feel better and live better, DeRosa Medical can help. In addition to our primary health care services grounded in Internal Medicine, we offer the following specialized treatments specifically tailored to the sexual health needs of our male patients.
- Hormone Balance through Bio-Identical Therapies
- Evaluation and Initial Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Treatment and Counseling
- Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Anti-Aging Programs including Supplements and Aesthetic Treatments
Male hormonal evaluation, consultation and treatment includes:
- General Physical Examination
- Laboratory Tests
- General Health and Lifestyle Review
- Overall Sexual Health & function Review
- Treatment Recommendation/Discussion with your practitioner